7 Best Beaches on Florida West Coast; Pinellas County
7 Best Beaches on Florida West Coast; Pinellas County
These West Coast Florida beaches are walkable, bikeable, and livable. I have enjoyed many beaches but these are my favorite Pinellas County Beaches.
Pinellas County Florida is Famous for Having the Best Rated Beaches in the Nation!
Nothing can beat the white powdery sand, turquoise waters, and calm seas. The beaches not only offer a tranquil place to unwind but depending on where you go, there is a ton of entertainment as well. Here are some of the best beaches listed from the North end to the South end of Pinellas…
1. Ft. Desoto State Park in Pinellas County FL.
Ft. Desoto is a state park that offers 7 miles of waterfront, including three miles of gorgeous white sandy beaches.
Ft Desoto Beach has a more rustic feel as you must walk through a trail of tall seagrass to find your perfect spot in the sand. The park offers a ton of activities like biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking, or camping. You can take a ferry to visit Egmont key (an island that’s also a wildlife preserve) or visit the Historical Fort within Ft. Desoto.
Don’t forget about your pup, Ft. Desoto is one of two dog beaches in Pinellas County that offers an off-leash dog beach. Ft. Desoto is located in the city of Tierra Verde.
Thinking of buying? Let me help you explore your best options. Call me (Tayna Alexander ) at 727-219-1706. I promise, you will enjoy it. Or you can also send me an E-mail. I would love to hear from you…
Today, there are currently 56 active listings in Tierra Verde.
- Condominiums start at $405,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $889,000 for a 3BR/3BA, or $2.5M for a 4BR/3BA.
- Townhomes start at $549,000 for a 2BR/2BA and $625,000 for a 3BR/3BA.
- Single Family Homes start at $949,000 for a 3BR/3BA, $1.8M for a 4BR/2BA, $5.7M for a 5BR/5BA, and 6BR/8BA $13M.
2. Pass-a-Grille In St. Pete Beach
Pass-a-Grille, located in the historic district of St. Pete Beach, is a small, quaint and laid back, Old Florida Beach town.
There are boutiques, outdoor art markets, rooftop bars, tennis courts, fishing piers, and an ice cream cone all within walking distance.
There are also deep-sea fishing charters, SUP and small speed boat rentals. Pass-a-Grille has a variety of restaurants ranging from the “No shirt, No shoes, No problem” to upscale, beachy, fine-dining experiences.
The sunsets here are super special and are celebrated EVERY evening by the traditional ringing of the bell.
Homes for sale in Pass-a-Grille.
- Condominiums start at $650,000 for a 2BR/2BA and $1.5M for a 3BR/3BA.
- Single Family homes start at $975,000 for a 3BR/3BA and $5.9M for a 5BR/5BA.
3. St. Pete Beach voted Best Beach
St. Pete Beach was voted Best Beach by Tripadvisor in 2021. It is also known for the iconic and luxurious Don Cesar Hotel, which was once used as a hospital during World War II.
St. Pete Beach has miles of white sandy beaches with plenty of space to spread out. St. Pete Beach has a ton of beach bars up and down the sand making it easy to bar hop from one place to the next.
Some of thI have enjoyed them all and these are my favorites…e most happening spots are Postcard Inn, Jimmy B’s, and the Undertow.
There are currently 64 active listings for St. Pete Beach Homes.
- Condominiums are starting at $269,000 for a 1BR/1BA and $385,000 for a 2BR/2BA.
- Single family homes start at $695,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $1.1M for a 3BR/3BA, $1.2M for a 4BR/4BA and $5.9M for a 5BR/5BA.
4. Treasure Island/Sunset Beach.
With a name like “Treasure Island” you know it’s a town that doesn’t take itself too seriously, a town.
At the southernmost tip of Treasure Island is Sunset Beach, a quaint community with homes right on the beach.
Caddy’s is one of the best beach bars in town to enjoy food, games, music, and a spot to lounge under an umbrella on the beach.
Treasure Island is a wide beach with plenty of room to spread out. It is a great spot for kids to enjoy the Hippo Slide, the world’s largest inflatable water slide that is 4 stories tall. Treasure Island is also well known for its Sanding Ovations Master Cup, a world-class sand sculpting competition. Sanding Ovations begins this year November 17th-20th . Treasure Island is also well known for the drum circle that beats every Sunday evening.
There are currently 71 Properties for Sale in Treasure Island.
- Condominiums start at $299,000 for a 1BR/1BA, $414,000 for a 2BR/2BA, and $929,000 for a 3BR/3BA.
- Townhomes start at $725,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $1.5M for a 3BR/3BA, and there is also limited new construction.
- Single Family Homes start at $849,500 for a 2BR/2BA, $1.1M for 3BR/3BA, $2.475M for a 4BR/4BA
- Ask me about the limited new construction.
5. Indian Rocks Beach
Indian Rocks Beach is known for its laid-back beaches and great dining. This quiet beach is great for those seeking serenity with a side of good food. This is a great place to just relax or stroll the beach for shells. You can also visit the Seaside Seabird Sanctuary, a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, and orphaned wild birds.
A popular place to dine is Salt Rock Grill, a legendary beach landmark that is known for grilled steaks, fresh dayboat caught seafood, raw bar and amazing wine cellar overlooking the intracoastal.
There are currently 32 active listings for Indian Rocks Beach.
- Condominiums start at $280,000 for a 1BR/1BA, $384,000 for a 2BR/2BA, and $835,000 for a 3BR/2BA.
- Townhomes start at $515,000 for a 2BR/2BA and $1.3M for a 4BR/3BA.
- Single Family Homes start at $1.2M for 2BR/1BA, $1.3M for 3BR/2BA, $2.6M for a 4BR/3BA, and $5M for a 5BR/4BA.
6. Clearwater Beach; Blue Ribbon Beachfront
Clearwater Beach is consistantly rated one of the best beaches in America that you can enjoy…
There is no shortage of things to do from parasailing, bike rentals, to your first try at stand up paddleboarding.
For a more unique experience you can take a pirate cruise, dolphin sightseeing cruise, or visit the Clearwater Aquarium (former home to Winter the dolphin).
Clearwater Beach is home to “Pier 60” a 1,080-foot fishing pier and recreation park, with a bait house, telescopes, and covered pavilions. Enjoy a day at this beach that has a lifeguard duty 365 days a year. Before you leave the beach grab a grouper sandwich from Frenchy’s, one of Clearwater’s most popular restaurants.
Would you like to live in one of the 20 homes available in Clearwater? Or anywhere else in Pinellas county? Call us!
- Condominiums are dominating the Clearwater real estate market with a starting price of $500,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $1.5M for a 3BR/2BA, and $3.3M for a 4BR/3BA.
- There is one current listing for a Clearwater townhouse priced at $594,900.
- Current available Clearwater single family homes price at $1.4M for a 4BR/3BA and $3.4M 5BR/3BA.
7. Honeymoon Island/Caladesi Island State Park
Honeymoon Island has four miles of beach to explore along with a three-mile trail through one the of the last remaining virgin slash pine forests. Honeymoon Island is located in Dunedin.
It’s a great place to spot wildlife like eagles, osprey, great horned owls, gopher tortoises, racoons, and armadillos.
Honeymoon Island has a dog beach making this the second and only other off leash dog beach in Pinellas County. It also charters a ferry to Caladesi Island. Caladesi is one of the few untouched islands on the Gulf Coast making a visit feel like you are in the Caribbean.
There are currently 39 homes for sale within close proximity to Honeymoon Island in Dunedin.
- Condominiums start at $183,900 for a 1BR/1BA, $239,900 up to $799,000 for a 2BR/2BA.
- Townhomes start at $540,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $675,000 for a 3BR/3BA, and $1.4M for a 4BR/3BA.
- Single Family Homes start at $475,000 for a 2BR/2BA, $489,000 for a 3BR/3BA, $519,000 for a 4BR/2BA, and $1.8M for a 5BR/5BA.
As you can see the coast of Pinellas County is prime for beachside living, with some of the most gorgeous beaches in the nation. They all offer something a little different when it comes to housing as well as activity, but one thing is universal……all of these beaches offer nothing short of paradise living.
Beach lifestyle is at your toes in these communities….make walking to the beach a daily habit by living here!
For more information, or to check on homes in other areas, call Buyers Broker of Florida today…727-202-9130.